Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blue Moon


Been getting back into weaving baskets again and it really takes me back. I love to smell the wet reeds soaking in a huge bucket next to me. When I've been away from weaving for a while, I'm always nervous that I might forget how to do it. And this time I was REALLY scared. I had carpal tunnel surgery done on both hands as well as a thumb tendon release on my right hand. When all of my strength was gone, I thought I had made a big mistake, getting my hands done.

But then, one day, almost like magic, they felt a lot better. Each day brought more strength and hand control, only without the pain and the tingly zapping I had 24/7! I couldn't believe it! So I thought weaving would be the real test. I gathered my materials and sat down, ready to give it a go. Blue Moon is the product of that session. I made one more, just to double check my manual dexterity, and it's true. My hands are better than ever! I think I'll start another basket today...

2 comments:

Katie Jeanne Wood said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better. I was beginning to wonder.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Debmarie! So glad to hear that your hands are feeling so good ...