Monday, October 8, 2007

Case of the Mondays





We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ~Aristotle



I like the above quote because it inspires me to get off my rump when I'm feeling uninspired and lazy. It's a lovely fall morning here in southern Wisconsin and I'm off to my art room. Before I go, I'll share some plates I backed with some of my favorite fabrics. We use them for everything: to hold loose change or jewelry on our dressers & tables to eating off of. I have some more curing, but I'm not particularly inspired by Thomas the Tank Engine or the Disney Babes, er, I mean Princesses, so I'll not post those! lol

Have a fanTAStic day that's both inspiring and productive!

~deb :o)






3 comments:

Katya said...

Oh! Those are so cool! How do you do that? Will you post a tutorial or a link?

Katya

Gudonya! said...

THANK YOU, Katya! :o) Give me a bit and I'll write up some directions. They're very simple - just takes time for drying after each coat is all. We have some of these we've been using for over 5 years and they look just as new and lovely as they did when they were first made! It's surprising to me how long they're lasting! Be back soon... ~deb :o)

kermetta said...

the plates are gorgeous I would love to learn to do that for my kitchen its painted green and yellow with frogs stenciled on the cabnets i had to make my curtains because there are none with froges this would be great to do with leftover fabric so i could have it all matching could you please tell me how or let me know if you will be posting how on your blog which is wonderful by the way