Thursday, February 21, 2008

Getcha Some!

Man, oh MAN, it's chilly here today!! Yike-a-ROOnies! Well, the shrimps are on ze bus and I'm kinda scarin' myself with posting 3 days in a row.

Quote of the day: All Limitations are Self-Imposed

Now, if you follow my blog, I know you've seen this before. But have you really thought about it? It's so true. There is nothing, nothing, NOTHING you cannot do if you reeeeeally wanna!! We all have so much power within ourselves, yet we don't even begin to scratch the surface of our potential. And why is that? I firmly believe it's because we are not taught this concept from birth. We are not shown, by example, nor are we told repeatedly, that all things are possible AND that we can literally do ANYthing we want to do. I'm a prime example. Ya know what I was told? To sit down and shut up. And how many of you were told the same thing? Maybe you were brought up in a loving, safe environment, and that's great! :o) But were you taught to make things happen for yourself? No? Then we're pretty much starting on the same plane.

Those of you who know me, may find the above hard to believe. Mainly because I am very outspoken (in a fun, kind way) and I hope I give the vibe that I enjoy life. I love to make people smile - and if I make 'em laugh, then my day is great! I'm slowly learning to tap into myself and it's amazing what talents I've had locked inside me. I'm no brilliant artist, don't get me wrong. But I have been pushing myself outta my comfort zone, with pleeeeenty of doubts chanting inside my head, believe me, and am astounded at what I'm learning and creating.

I honestly believe that even with this sudden realization of my skills and abilities, that I haven't made too much of a dent in what I am truly capable of, but I'm trying. THAT'S the key: TRY. How will you know unless you give it a go? Ya WON'T! Wouldn't you rather try and fail a thousand times rather than sit safely in your comfort zone, just wishing and hoping and waiting your life away? Cuz I guaran-freakin-TEE it that if you try and fail a thousand times, you're GONNA learn something! Now go and turn your muse loose - set 'er free and see what ya come up with. Ignore the boundaries and test your inquisitiveness.

Here are some Valentine's Day cards I made for our trade on Fiber Art Traders. I wish you could see what the camera doesn't pick up. Or.... is it my photography skills?? lol! The fabric is a dark, vivid pink and has gold veins running across it. It's just gorgeous all by itself! I topped it with a splotchy purple heart, then a rectangle piece of handpainted fabric I made and sliced & diced, then a piece of transparency with LOVE printed on it. Machine stitched (freemotion) at several stages in gold. Enjoy, my friends! Enjoy today and enjoy yourSELF! Love, debmarie

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wise words dear FAT friend!! I always had to be seen and not heard as a child and some of that sticks when you grow up. My mum loved us but she was very strict. I will have to have a play with Tyvek. i never know how to use it once I've shrunk it!