Monday, July 28, 2008

Celebrate Today!


Here is a piece I've been slowly working on. I wasn't sure what I was gonna use it for, but I now think I will make it into a tote bag.
It was so fun to make and watch as areas developed. I purposefully didn't plan it all out. I thought this would be something different to try, because I usually AM a planner-outer. But I'm pleased with it.

I painted different fabrics and then pieced them together atop a piece of timtex. The text pieces were made by running painted sheets of fabric through the printer. I back a piece of acrylic-painted fabric with a full sheet label and my printers have no problem accepting them. I then spray a bit of clear sealant on them, cut out, and stitch down.

I think I may play around with a pair of my DD's jeans with this technique.

1 comment:

carole brungar said...

Well, those are my colours!! I love the mix of paint, fabric, text and sewing, I think it really works! And my fav is the wee heart with the purple!
What did I tell ya?? I knew that muse wouldn't hide for long!
:)kiwi