Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dyed and Gone 2 Heaven



O...M...G. I felt like I was in Heaven when I happened upon these two new batiks they got in last week at JoAnn's. I bought the last of both bolts. I know I'll be participating in Nj's FAT Chance fat quarter drawing, but I'm still not sure which of these beauts I'll use.

I also bought the latest issue of Quilting Arts in which I see someone stole an idea right outta my head. Seriously. Has this ever happened to you? You get an idea and you turn it inside out and round and round and are finally ready to bring it outta there when you see it somewhere?! I feel like I'm in a time warp when this occurs. You know what they say, though... there are no new ideas, just old ones reborn. I know I sure believe it!

Now, I can't remember when the last time was that I bought a basket. That's because I weave them. But then I saw Kiwi's comment on the Lust for Rust post I made and she gave me an idea. I bought this basket for the purpose of showing how I did the crate. I hope the basket will end up looking like woven pieces of rusted metal - cool, huh? I think so. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

carole brungar said...

Hey! Yummy fabric! Lucky find! Woven strips of rusted basket, mmmm I'm waiting for the demo on this!! :)kiwi

morningDove said...

I know what you mean about "stole the idea right out of your head".
I guess we are only allowed to let it stew so long and then it becomes fair "game". lol