Saturday, July 26, 2008

How Time Flies

This is Swiper (was Sophie)

This is Betlgeuse


UPDATE August 8, 2008 - We renamed Sophie. It seems she's a real "petting junkie". When she yells at you to pet her, you do. Then you stop and she swipes a paw at you. NICE, eh?! Hubs and I are gonna apply her new pink SoftPaws on her talons this evening. We had to wait for her newly trimmed claws to grow out and since she swiped me good this morning (after holding her and petting her for about 20 minutes!), I'm thinkin' they're long ENOUGH!

How time flies, indeed. I can't believe I've not blogged for so long. I had many personal things to take care of. Seems every time I turned around, it was something else. Don't cha hate when that happens?

Well, here's the latest. First I have to tell you that we live in a small house. I mean VERY small. We bought it from Thumbelina. We live here with our two kiddos and a cat. As most people know, last winter was pretty horrendous here in Wisconsin. Record snowfalls and frigid temps. I love winter but it was BAD.

I had seen this white cat the winter before, but only a few times. This past winter, I put out some food the minute I saw her and I shoveled a path for her (she's small). She would never come close to us, but she always welcomed the food. I quickly made a makeshift shelter so she could at least get out of the wind as she ate. We saw her every day and it killed me that it looked like she was getting frostbite on the edges of her ears. But what cha gonna do? She was wild. Or so we thought.

In about April, she started to come closer and eventually allowed us to touch her. She purred and purred. We named her Sophie and kept taking care of her, ridding her of ticks and ear mites. Since she continued to hang around upon our return from vacation, we decided to take her in. She's just a sweetie.

I took her in a month ago for her shots and check up. All was great. Just had to bring her back 3-4 weeks later for her booster. I took her in this past Wed., and it appears Sophie has some little buns in the oven! Ok, so now we may have a possible 7 cats, as the ultrasound saw 4 critters.

What's that you say? One cat we have plus Sophie plus 4 babies only comes to 6? Right you are! That's because we have also taken in another stray who might be the Daddy. He is GORgeous! And SUCH a honey! Looks like a Russian Blue, only with longer hair. We think he's pretty young, maybe a year old. Betlgeuse goes in on Tuesday for his, um, transformation and shots.

When it rains, it pours! More to come...

3 comments:

carole brungar said...

Yay! Welcome back to blogland! (and I look forward to seeing the kitties!)
hugs carole

sherry carrigan said...

Hey Girlie, so glad to see you back! Have missed you since March. Oh too funny. My gray cat is named Sophie.

Perry said...

They're beautiful... and there's always room for more kittehs. I live in a 600 square foot house with Neal, two kittehs, and a dawg! Lots of love.

-Perry-