Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Memory Weaver

I have a lotta works in progress, and today is the day we clean the art room. Yeah, it's a disaster area. Seems every time I wanna go in there and play, I find myself cleaning up instead. I just can't create if I'm surrounded by this project and that project and the last supplies I used. It makes the river of creativity just plum dam up. So today, I'm rearranging things and getting rid of stuff I'm not currently "into". I have too much new stuff with no place to put it. Makes me scream cuz I'll just stick it in someplace and then when I wanna use t, that's riiiiiight - NO CAN FIND! AAaaaaaarrrrrrgggggh!

Since I got so many lovely emails about the baskets, I thought I'd share some more with ya. I'm sorry for the coupla grainy pix - I took pix of pix since my scanner isn't hooked up. The originals are just not great.

My fave is the one I'm holding. It's made from a shed moose antler. I knew a woman in Montana who was a (VERY GOOD) Taxidermist. Her Mom found this antler on their property and loved it. I wove it into a basket (it's a wall pocket that can actually hold stuff) in exchange for getting an elk hide tanned. LOVE trades like that!!

Anyway, enjoy! I hope you have a fun day and that you are the one hogging up all the sunshine we're not getting today! :o) Enjoy it now cuz once I get my hands on that firey ball, I AIN'T sharin' it!! Smiles... debmarie :P




5 comments:

Julie said...

More beautiful baskets Debmarie :)

carole brungar said...

OMG! Debmarie! Your a basket case!!! lol! Your toooo good!
hugs Carole

DIANE said...

It also seems that you are hogging all the cool artsy talents as well. LOVE ALL THOSE BASKETS!!! Is there anything you CAN'T do? Boy can I relate about the messy studio. I have been avoiding mine for that very same reason. I really need to dedicate some time to just CLEAN IT UP! Ughhh! I would rather plan a get together with you to get inspired. I'll be in touch.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

Maggie R said...

I thought I would pop in and see what you are up to.... My goodness Debmarie you Are a basket case for sure!!! hee hee . I love them all. You are certainly one talented lady.
Art On!!!!!
((((hugs))))
Maggie