Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Basket Case


Happy Sunday!! Is it almost Easter already?! Sheesh...

I hope this day brought you time to enjoy the coming sunshine (or the coming cooler months if you're on the other side of our rock)! I ran across some pix I thought were lost forever, and almost cried over the discovery! Thought I'd share them with ya.

When I lived in Montana, I made my living for a while by weaving and selling contemporary baskets that I wove. I've recently taken up weaving again and cannot even begin to describe the flood of memories and feelings that came flooding back to me. It's all attached to the smell of the materials, softening in the warm water that does it. I just LOVE the fragrance of soaking reeds and grasses!!

Here are a couple that I sold last year in my Etsy shop. Enjoy! Hugs...debmarie :o)


5 comments:

sherry carrigan said...

WOW! What a beautiful basket. I won't one.

Julie said...

Interesting baskets. I especially like the second one with the antler handle.

Gabriela said...

Wow! Those baskets are fantastic!

Mary S. Hunt said...

I was into basket weaving at one time..way more to it than I wanted and mine never looked like this!
GorgEoUs!!

Suzan Morgan said...

I was directed to your blog from F.A.T. I must comment of the spikey antler basket, marvelous! Very ingenious and strangely appealing for such a prickly piece! It makes me want to touch it which might make for good massage hand therapy!