Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Cutting Edge

Happy Hump Day!! Today's post might be a bit long-pictured. I have been working on several pieces and yesterday I spent a bit of time on them. I had a thought as I was finishing up my work in the shop (on the metal lathe) and I looked down and saw all these fabulous, curly shavings all over the lathe! I was ECSTATIC and my mind was racing! How pretty they looked all by themselves, just waiting to be swept into the trash.

Instead of trashing 'em, I gathered them all up and ran into the house with my shiny, new treasure. I grabbed one of my background pieces and went to work, adding gesso, glaze, glitters and the aluminum curls. I love how it all looks and, as always, wish I could convince the camera to grab the beauty and depth in this piece. Sigh....

Enjoy my shimmery fun! Thanks for stoppin' in! Hugs all around...debmarie :o)










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello friend, I am Haiying Yang from youtube. I am so impressed by your creativity and productivity. They are inspiring.

Do you sell your works such as cards?
Best regards,
Haiying Yang

Anonymous said...

By the way, warmth from Sydney australia.

Noel said...

You always come up with the most beautiful pieces using trash....lol! There is no end to your creativity!
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Noel

DIANE said...

OMG, I want to come and raid your garbage! That is STUNNING! If you find yourself with extra metal shavings, I hope you will remember your friends. :-) BTW, we need to find some time to get together. Since the days will be longer after this weekend, maybe you will be up for joining our artist group meetings (hint, hint). We will be doing a welding open studio on the 16th in case your interested.

Julie said...

This looks great Debmarie! I shall have to look out some copper waste that I've got somewhere.

Gudonya! said...

You are all so great to me - THANK YOU!! No worries, Diane - I've already got some on the side for ya!

HA HA HA, Noel!! :o) Now if I could just get control of my hair as well as you.... THAT would be a feat! ;o)

Go create today!!
Hugs...debmarie :o)

Barb's Blurbs said...

Oh, DebMarie! I Just had to laugh when I saw your curlie cues! My DH is always bringing those things in (tiny ones) that up till now I have sworn at as they get in the carpet, the feet and the cat's fur. I have now given him permission to bring them to my studio in containers! You are certainly creative!