Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FABulous Fabric Finds



On Fiber Art Traders a coupla weeks ago, we had a fun members/vendors sale week. We each posted anything we had for sale, which was fine enough. The really great part was when the vendors posted links to their shops as well as any FAT discount! Boy, I had never been to almost all of those places, and I'm really glad I have now. Talk about eye candy.

I made a purchase of lutradur (FINALLY!), since UK Kathy has teased me long ENOUGH about her fantastic use of the stuff, and a few fabrics from Material Girls in Michigan. I gotta tell you, Barb's fabs are really REALLY nice! I loved how they looked in the pix in her shop. But once I got to see them in my own face and touch them, I was SO glad I didn't listen to the evil plastic guard who resides in my wallet!

For instance, the copper fabric doesn't look brocade-like at all in the pic, so I thought it was a cool-looking copper-colored batik kinda piece. I should tell you here that I am a complete copper nut! But then when my package arrived, I had GOOSEbumps when I saw the pattern on this stuff. OMG, it is GORgeous!

The two Kaufman swirlies are, as usual, completely yummy, as all Kaufman fabs are. But again, I thought the pics looked like the swirlies were bigger. In actuality, they're a lot smaller and I LOVE them even more.

And even though I wanna wrap myself up in that copper piece, I think I gotta go with the Aussie Aboriginal fab as my fave. Once again, the pattern is smaller than thought. It is SOOOO cool!! I don't know what I'm gonna make out of it, or how I'm gonna get the courage to take a rotary cutter to it, but man, it is WONNNNNNNNderful!

Thanks for such fantastic fabrics, Barb - I'll keep an eyeball on your shop! And the rest of you, check it out if you're looking for some top-quality stash additions. Oh, and especially if you like African pieces - she has some of the most beautiful prints of African women in her shop. And a really cute African animals one that I debated on. Now I wish I had bought it. I guess I'll have to watch for the evil plastic guard taking a nap...

No comments: