Thursday, February 19, 2009

Get the Flock Outta Here!

(aka "For The Birds" ATC trade on Fiber Art Traders)

W.O.W. I got the BEST ATCs in the mail this and last week! As shown above, in order, are ATCs received from Kathy (with an extra ATC and a piece of mystery paper - kinda feels like lutradur, but maybe not), Wanda, Linda, Leilani & Charmion. Charmion also enclosed some extra fibers, which are gonna get used as soon as I finish up my current projects. They are SO pretty, in browns and blues. (And kinda freaky that she sent these colors, because I was just telling Kathy that I'd like to work more with brown combos. It's fate, I tell ya!) Then the bottom pic is of the COOLEST 2-mile long string/thread that Charmion also sent. I mean, it's COOL! It's an aqua iridescent color which I know you can't pick up from the pics, but hey, I tried) and feels like flat fishing line. Wanda, one of the most talented quilting artists, knew what it was, and I'm gonna go and see if I can pick some up tomorrow. I'm dying to make some abstract stuff with it!!

A million thanks go out to everyone who traded with me! Your talent will be forever treasured!! I have to tell you that Linda was inspired by Counting Crows' song 'Mr. Jones', which coincidentally, is one of my favorite songs. Don't cha love it?! And Leilani's owl - is it not the sweetest thing?! I wish you could feel the texture in her piece! Kahty, who never ceases to amaze me, made her little water hunter by FREEHAND machine embroidery! Sheesh! I wish I could learn how to do that, but I'm afraid mine would look more like a coughed-up hairball (which is also why I cannot needle-felt. sigh.....). It probably didn't take Wanda very long to perfect her creations (that's a compliment, Wanda!), but let me tell ya - it's GORgeous in person! The paint and threads on the brown base are really great - and the different stitches around the edge really finish it off. Love it! And how could ANYone resist Charmion's "Birdies On Board" nest?! Not me! It's SO cute in person - I wish the pictures could do these art pieces justice.

Honestly, the imagination on FAT is really growing! If you haven't checked us out yet, you should. I always squeal with delight (sad, maybe, but I DO!) when I see some familiar names signed up to trade with me on FAT! THANKS, GIRLS!!