Monday, February 23, 2009

REAL Portable Pressing Boards

I got to the end of my rope when I needed to press something this morning (making art, of course, I don't press all of our clothes). I have one of those so-called "portable" pressing boards. Problem is, it's, like, 18" x 24". So NOT portable, if you ask me. I mean, if I wanna fuse something to a post-card sized piece, I SURE as hayll don't wanna get up, draaaaaaaag it out, scootch my chair back, balance it on my lap whilst attempting to hold and iron this tiny piece! Cuz I can guaranfreakintee you, I'm gonna burn myself! SO, there it was, the end of my rope. Time to stop what I was doing and remedy the situation.

I had these birch boards already cut to 12" square. I WAS gonna paint on 'em, but since we live in a place so filled with humidity, it wrecks everything not ziplocked with silica pouches four different ways, they warped all to spit.
Aaaaaanywho, I used those, covered them with 2 layers of cotton batting and cotton fabric. Six long glue sticks later, they're finito! They are SOOOOOOOO great to work with! OMG, I could kick myself for not making these sooner. They slide nicely into my side workbench next to me and the best part is, I don't have to futz with 'em while fusing. Yay for ME! (And, it's about damn time!)