Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hard to Let Go

I woke up to a beautiful day, full of sunshine and MELTING SNOW! Yippee! I made some chai tea, then stumbled over to the 'puter to check my email. What's that? I sold something in my Etsy shop? COOL!

Well, I didn't realize how much selling my original work would mean to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful I sold something. And I've sold a few other pieces. But my heart felt a bit less elated than my bank account as I looked at the message, informing me that "Crooked Man Blank Journal" would soon be on its way to the West Coast. This piece has been one of my faves since completion. It's also inspired me to paint more houses, which, surprising to me, is one of my favorite subjects.

So I will gingerly wrap it up and ship it out promptly on Monday. And instead of mourning the loss of a piece of my heart, I will rejoice in the feeling that my art - that the art I made - connected with another human being. Off to console myself with acrylic paint...

No comments: