Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chicken Hawk

I know, I know… I’ve been VERY remiss in my blog! I’m catching up now and I’d like to start out this beautiful, crisp, Fall day with something I JUST finished for my gorgeous sis-in-law. I’ll ship it this Friday (don’t worry, she has no idea I have a blog, so she’ll never see it prematurely), along with a box full of "stuff" we've been collecting for them.

First you will see a photo of Corbin, their first, and no doubt only, little bubba in his first Fright Night Getup. The second I saw the pic, I got an idea to make the following piece of wall adornment for aforementioned SIL. It’s my first larger-than-a-post-card mixed media project and I must say, I’m loving the freedom!! I sure hope she likes it…. Anyway, it says "The Cutest Chicken Hawk in the Whole Punkin Patch".

It's made from fabric that's been run through my printer, painted, ripped, stitched, tied, sprayed and embellished. The back is fab, as well. The two middle layers are (what else?!) Timtex. It's nice and stiff and was such a dream to work on. I attached some found sticks (my secret will soon be out, I guess. I am a stick-a-holic!) with raffia. ENJOY!! And thanx for poppin' in! Hugs...deb


3 comments:

Julie said...

What a superb wall hanging! It's gorgeous! I love that you've used sticks for the hanger. I love using natural things too.

Veri said...

I'm sitting here with laughing. What a jokie idea ! A photo of this cute child in this crazy halloween costume and than you take it to the card - really nice. My daughter is 3 years old and I think, I will take this idea for the next year :-)

rosebudinnh said...

oh my, Thats the cutest chicken Hawk I've ever seen!!! I'll be smiling all day. AWWWWSOME !!! Rose