Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Dollies are coming! The Dollies are coming!

Well, folks, it appears I may have a mild form of obsession disorder. I was a bit worried about it, as once I get an idea in my little brain, I simply cannot function until it's out. I have since learned that I am not alone. Many artists are this same way. For instance, did you know that VanGogh slammed out 200 finished paintings in a mere 444 days?! Whew! We may all be nuts, but at least it's not just ME! lol

Here are some new art dolls I completed. They're actually pretty tame as compared to the other ideas I have. The faces are fun to work on, but my favorite part is the hair. It's always about the hair, isn't it? Maybe it's because I have about 12 hairs myself. But I love working with the hand-dyed/painted/spun fibers I've got in my stash. I'm not a knitter or anything of the sort. But I love the gorgeous colors the various artists have produced. And the TEXTURE! I hope they spark some creativity in you! More to come...



8 comments:

Lori said...

I love your dolls! where do you get the faces or do you make them?
Lori FAT

Maggie R said...

I Love your dolls.... They made me smile....
((((hugs))))
Maggie.

morningDove said...

they are so exotic and colorful. i absolutely love them and your flair with art.

morningDove said...

hi deb: I had to come back for a color fix. I love these little girls/guys.

Double D said...

Hon, those are awesome!!! Keep up the great work sweetie!

tim holtz said...

hey debmarie-
couldn't find your e-mail so i figured i'd post on your blog as you posted on mine. you totally out-did yourself with that rockin' poem. thanks for making me smile all day. it's people like you that make this whole thing worthwhile. happy holidays!
-t!m (aka: grungy, grungy little star)

Dot said...

I ADORE your versions of my Dotee doll!! They are very tribal looking and very colorful. Great work! Here's to world domination by Dotee dolls he heh..

Veleta (Sammy) said...

I love these dolls! They are so free!