Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Courage


I like quotes. Many times, my entire life seems to be able to be summed up in only a few quotes. Isn't it interesting how so many of us can relate to the same quote. Kinda like that theory that we're all closer to one another than we realize.


The quote I'm groovin' on today is by Georgia O'Keeffe and it goes like this:


"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage"


Boy, ain't THAT the truth. Many people are comfy with blogging. As much as I am a bigmouth, I'm actually not quite in my comfort zone yet. I think it does take courage to write things down for all to see, let alone create a piece of art and share it. It's tough for many of us to share, knowing how people judge. But I'm finding it's making me stronger by sharing my blog and art. I'm learning to create for myself and not for others. It's harder than you think, especially after owning a business where you're constantly trying to appease your customers. I was always asking myself the same questions: Do I use this fragrance or that one. How about color? New products? Keep old ones? Phase them out? What will they buy? It was so draining. Now, with my art, I create what my heart tells me. And I'm happier for it.


Try it. Create for YOU. Without worry of judgment. Make something you like. Then share it with us. Betcha we love it!


I was going to close without a photo, but I just can't do it. lol. I'm too visual. So, I'll cling to Halloween one last time and I'll share one of my kids' costumes. If you know Thomas the Tank Engine, you'll recognize ol' Dennis the Diesel. My favorite part was making the McGyver-like harness out of duct tape. Brilliant! Don't you think? :o)


Enjoy today - it won't be back!

Hugs...deb :o)

No comments: