Saturday, November 24, 2007

Juan Valdez






I hope you all had a safe and fun-filled family day! As usual, I have much to catch up on. I am LOVING the new Yahoo group just formed! It's called The Artists Circle and membership is rising quickly. It was set up to teach techniques. Our first project is making a tag book. So far, we've been given steps 1 and 2. I have no idea what these books will end up looking like. All I know is that in Step 1, we had to apply coffee to those large, manilla shipping tags. Well, this didn't sound particularly interesting to me, and I didn't have any tags. Instead, I thought I'd give it a go with some metal-ring tags I had. Holy cow - it's really FUN! I now have a handful of project tags and what you see here are some of my examples. Step 2 is simply to add watercolors to a few of them. Step 3 should be announced any time now. Enjoy!

No comments: