Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Loooves me some Timtex!




Yes, I know. Halloween is over. But I just love the designs of Halloween. Monsters and bats, ghosts and black cats - I love 'em! Here are some works in progress. That's right - more postcard-sized pieces. I told you before I couldn't stop making them! lol.


I use Timtex as the "meat & cheese" part of the sandwich that makes these little creations. For those of you who love Timtex as much as I do, it may interest you to know that the manufacturer has closed the doors without notice. Yikes! The company is looking for a new manufacturer, but as of right now, when the current Timtex stock is gone, well, it's GONE. I stocked up today because I love working with this stuff. I've been using it for many things and really don't think anything else comes close to the thickness. I love it!

Ok. Back to the artsy fartsy stuff. The first one is, of course, my rendition of Frankenstein. Not nearly done, but you can see where I'm going with it.


Next is one of my favorite abstract ones. I love the holographic threads! My favorite is copper, but my machine doesn't like the copper for some reason. It must be different than the gold and silver. Figures. So I went with gold on this piece. And actually, I think it worked out perhaps better than the copper would have.


The third one I copied from another artist. Hope I don't get sued. lol. It's from a picture my 5-year-old brought home from school last week. They made these cute Halloween books that were filled with pumpkins, bats, owls, etc. The second I saw the pumpkins, I had to sit down and make one! I'll load the original, too, as soon as I find it. I can lose something within two minutes of it being in my hands, I swear! It's no doubt on one of my workbenches. I'll find it...




No comments: