Thursday, November 8, 2007

Mail, Beautiful Mail!


I already told you all about the Abstract Post Card Challenge & Swap. Well, I received my first post card it today's mail and it... is... BEAUTIMOUS! The handwork on this beauty is pretty amazing! My hubby was impressed, as well. :o) Everything is stitched by hand and I do mean everything. Each bead has been handsewn and what's even more unbelievable is the fact that they're all there - not a one of them appears to be broken or even loosened. A million thanks to Andrea in Texas - I am in awe and will forever treasure this piece! THANK YOU!!

November 14 update: I received another card and it is from Elizabeth in New Mexico. Just like Andrea's, this one won't disappoint you! Are you starting to see how one can become absolutely flooded with ideas for these?! I kinda feel like a great, big chicken now because both Andrea and Elizabeth mailed their's to me. You know - like a real post card. I had no idea they would hold up so well, so I put mine into envelopes prior to shipping. As you can see, Elizabeth didn't even stitch some of her pieces down. I thought for sure they would get mangled off if I did that. Now I'm gonna throw caution to the wind next time and treat them like the pieces of mail they are!! lol


Thanks to you both for your beautiful trades. I hope this is just the start of post card trading for me and I hope I get to swap with you again! ~deb

1 comment:

Maggie R said...

Hi debmarie..
LOVE your postcard. They are fun to trade aren't they?!?!. This one is especially beautiful with all the handwork, certainly a real treasure.
I have traded FAP's for years and have quite a collection.My latest venture in that field is to do them using the thread painting technique. Come over and see mine.I just did one so far like that. It is such a fun technique and I want to do more.Thanks for the journey through your work..... love your photos too.........
((((hugs))))
Maggie