Monday, November 26, 2007

PSDD - Plus-Size Dotee Doll

Here is my first Dotee Doll. We have a trade going on FAT and pix are due tamale. As usual, the deadline is sneaking up on me! :o) This gal won't be leaving the nest, but other, more appropriately-sized versions will. I'm a bit camera-challenged, as I can never get the true colors to burst forth. I'm in a rusty stage, and she is very rust-colored. Nothing as shiny as the photo depicts. Oh - and the face was made by my 4YO!! I hope she doesn't remember she made i and I stole it! I painted it up to match the look I was going for. I was kind of nervous about creating her, as she looks nothing like the others (yeah, I know, big shock that I find myself goin' against the grain once again!). But in person, she is quite beautiful and reminds me of an aborigine. Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your day!! :o) ~debmarie

5 comments:

DIANE said...

She is SO gorgeous!!! By the way, we have a show and tell part to our artist group meeting so I would LOVE for you to bring her so I can see her in person.

Gudonya! said...

THANK YOU, Di! And youuuuuu've got it! :o)

Ev said...

Just found your blog via Tim Holtz, I was so surprised to see a Dotee Doll....do you know Dot, I know she does a lot of swaps and is just the nicest lady. She will be tickled pink about this. BTW I do love that doll too...the face is just perfect.

Ev said...

Oh and congratulations on the win on the blog...how cool. I just love the comment you made.

Gudonya! said...

THANX, Ev! We're SO excited to play with REAL TH supplies! LOL! Dot is becoming quite the well-known woman, isn't she?? I love making these little dolls!! :o)